Sign in to follow this  
Wiggum

Describe things that annoy you

This will be a good topic. Not thing you hate today or things you like today, but just things that you find irritating.

Example one: I called nepenthe last night because I went to the grocery store and saw someone with the license plate "FSU #1" For some reason, this irritated me and I started thinking about why, and I realized that I think it is because it is such an obvious lie. If it's about sports, there's no ONE SCHOOL that is better than ALL THE OTHER SCHOOLS at ALL SPORTS. It's a statement with no aspect of truth in it whatsoever, but they get to drive it all around town. (And yet if I wanted to speak truth on my license plate with something like UR A DMBFK, they wouldn't let me.) And seriously, sports?! I like sports, heck I used to make a living by watching sports. But get a grip, people! Although the Brewers are making a nice run.

Example two: People who sign emails "Best, Name" Like say Mary sends me an email and signs it:

Best,

Mary

What does that even fucking mean? I think it means "I send you all the best," but -- again -- it is such a lie. You don't send me your best, because that is such a half-assed effort, Mary. If THAT is your best, you can keep it. I mean if someone signed a letter "I wish for you and your family nothing but the best and sunshine filled days," I would think, "wow, that's awesome, what a nice thing to say." And if someone signed a letter "Best wishes," I would think "OK, that's a standard closing, this person seems to be fond of me." But "Best?"

Maybe it means "I'm the best?" Like right at the end of the letter, they're just letting you know what's up. I'm going to start using it just like that.

I'm the best,

Wiggum

i like to sign my letters:

mypaperanchor

WHEN THE POT IS EMPTY MAKE ANOTHER YOU INCONSIDERATE DRONES

76798[/snapback]

There seems to be some hatred here, remember -- just things that ANNOY, not drive into a necrophilia-induced rage.

WHEN THE POT IS EMPTY MAKE ANOTHER YOU INCONSIDERATE DRONES

76798[/snapback]

There seems to be some hatred here, remember -- just things that ANNOY, not drive into a necrophilia-induced rage.

76801[/snapback]

need.caffeine.

sentences.typed.this.can.be.obnoxious.

necrophilia? i hate the cold. wait, no hate. the cold always annoys me.

fulk just erased reply

- when drivers don't use their turn signals

76806[/snapback]

What about when someone is in a turn lane? I feel like they shouldn't be required there because your very presence in the turn lane indicates your intention (ideally).

Here's a tip, don't move to the South.

most of my annoyances deal with the train.

it annoys me when i'm sitting on a subway and i can feel someones hair or arm hair rub against me.

it annoys me when someone sits in the middle seat of a three seater.

it annoys me how men sit with their legs all sorts of flayed open so they take up way more than the alloted amount of space.

it also annoys me how men think that the arm rest was invented for them.

fulk just erased reply

- when drivers don't use their turn signals

76806[/snapback]

What about when someone is in a turn lane? I feel like they shouldn't be required there because your very presence in the turn lane indicates your intention (ideally).

Here's a tip, don't move to the South.

76807[/snapback]

the opposite is true as well...actually i think people who vacantly leave their signals on and drive for miles are worse. i've come to expect cars not to signal

what annoys me about the South is that I never understood the appeal of boiled peanuts. evryone else seemed to be into them

are you kidding? boiled peanuts rock it!

you see the stand on the side of the road, get yer hopes up for some country cookin' and they give you a bag of soggy peanuts sad.gif

user posted image

well, they should be too soggy, or else they are old. i will boil some peanuts for you one day.

they are the best at baseball games!

well, they should be too soggy, or else they are old. i will boil some peanuts for you one day.

they are the best at baseball games!

76812[/snapback]

i just can't see having a heaving wet bag of peanuts on your lap while you try to enjoy some ball!

roast em!

-people who are making a right turn, but feel the need to move to the left side of the road to make this right turn.

and vice-versa.

this is southern driving at its finest.